An online Associate of Arts degree, also called an AA degree is typically an undergraduate degree of two years or four semesters in arts field. For the potential student who finds the idea of not committing four years to a traditional online graduate degree program, the Associate of Arts degree may be the perfect solution. Now this valuable intermediate goal can be obtained online as many schools offer regionally accredited online degree programs in Associate of Arts that will take the same amount of time as a traditional AA degree. Many art schools have developed innovative online Associate of Arts degree programs, with a major in the areas such as Fine arts, Humanities, English, Literature, Psychology or Sociology, that lead to work in such fields as graphic design, fashion design, photography, or architectural drafting. The online Associate of Arts Degree provides a broad education in liberal arts. A graduate of this major should be able to:
- Demonstrate conceptual and hand skills in the visual arts.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, problem solving abilities, and self-reliance.
- Interpret and describe narrative and design characteristics in artwork.
- Understand the interdisciplinary nature of knowledge.
- Have effective skills for in-person and media-based interactions with individuals and within groups.
- Understand the global society and processes of globalization from mostly, but not exclusively, non-Western and indigenous perspectives.