Online courses are taught on the internet with the mix blend of audio and video technology. It requires teachers to have good communication skills, quality to make lecture understandable for the students and good confidence. The teachers should not use high technical language because some students may find it difficult to understand. To be a successful online teacher, you should consider building and improving the following traits in your personality and teaching style.
1. Visibility:The teacher should make all his lectures clearly visible to students. In this concern, writing style also matters. You should not make such diagrams and marks that make the students confuse. In addition to this, Teachers can make their own web page or any blog where students can easily access them.
2. Organized:Punctuality and being well organized is the key to success. Teaching online requires a teacher to be organizing his or her time table effectively. This includes, replying to students questions, e-mailing them the schedule and covering the syllabus in time.
3. Compassionate:To be a successful online teacher, you should create in yourself excellent skill to deliver lectures. Students should feel as if they are in classrooms even if in homes. They should take proper interest in the subject and it is up to teacher to build that interest.
4. Confident:Confidence is the key to success in life. That is very essential element in the personality of a teacher or any other person belonging to any profession. Being confidence gains attention and students listen more carefully to you and they also pay heed to your advices with great belief.
5. Possess Leadership Qualities:A teacher should possess good incomparable leadership qualities. They should be a leading role of their classroom and an idle personality for students to follow.
6. Knowledgeable:Knowledge is the most important factor in the online education system because there are millions of students from all parts of the world and keeping yourself up to date with the latest innovations and changes well help you in answering the student`s questions. Not only this, but a teacher should also consider providing all the relevant and latest information to his students.
7. Be Patient:Patience is very important while teaching in a virtual class. You have to guide step by step to students and may also wait for their respond if you are teaching live. An aggressive teacher may not be that successful as a teacher who is a little patient.
8. Charismatic:Teacher should build up some charisma in his class. Because a boring class evaporates the student`s interest and they feel that to be worse than an enemy. To keep class attentive and interesting, you should add something in your lectures that makes it more attractive.