Deciding among the careers and majors is the most difficult phase every student must pass through. Many universities and colleges have the facilities of guidance counsels to guide individuals about the courses that will fit them the most. But to assist students more some of the fastest growing careers in job markets and the undergraduate majors that lead into them are below:
1. Computer ProgrammerA software engineer, network administrator or computer programmer focuses on computer software and the preparation of these software including games. To become a computer programmer individual need a computer science degree. A computer programmer`s expected salary is $50,000 per annum.
2. Physical TherapistThis career is for Sports minded individuals. Those who are strong in biology and physiology should consider majoring in physical therapy, kinesiology or exercise science. The growing population ensures a growing market of healthcare. The expected salary of a licensed physical therapist is $45,000 per annum.
3. Nurse or Physician’s AssistantTo get registered as a nurse, individual needs to gain only a two-year degree in nursing program. To become a physician’s assistant and get a respective job, students need to get a little more training and have to earn a pre-med bachelor’s degree or a B.S. in Nursing, followed by a specialized three-year degree. Expected salary of a Nurse or a physician`s therapist is $65,000 a year.
4. LibrarianStudents who love books, library science may be the major for them. A high number of retiring librarians has increased the need for librarians. Along with the four-year degree, most librarian jobs ask for a three-year Master’s in Library Science and the whole course constitute on seven years. Librarian job is not the fastest growing job market, but involves a peaceful work and a peaceful environment with great hours.
5. Pharmacist and Pharmacy AssistantThe role of pharmacists includes filling of prescriptions, interacting with patients, teaching them how to inject insulin and administering flu shots and counting pills. To become a doctor of pharmacy individual needs to earn a two-year degree. Those who have studied pre-medical biology or chemistry at undergraduate level may find it easy to study at graduate level too. The expected salary of Doctor of Pharmacist is $95,000 per annum.
6. EngineerEngineering degrees includes civil engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace and electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and many more. Students who intend to a earn an engineering degree should have a strong grip over math, science and computer skills. The expected salary of an engineer is between $50,000 and $70,000.
7. College ProfessorThis course is for those individuals who love to gain knowledge and teach other and want to illuminate this world with knowledge. The growing number of 18 to 24-year-old students in the U.S. means a high demand for college professors in the coming years. Individual can pick any of their favorite major and then have to pursue it to a doctorate level. The average expected pay of a college professor is about $73,000 per
With the fast development of industries, accountants are highly in demand too. This career is something that can not die in future too because everyone needs an accountant to access their liabilities, capitals, assets, manage their finance and advice them on investments. Accountants study economics or math as an undergraduate. Accountants work involves balancing of books for a corporation, preparing tax returns for individuals, and calculating salaries range accordingly. An accountant can easily earn a six digit salary a year.
9. Management Consultant
Management consultants usually works in head offices, controlling and managing office work and rearranging other employees accordingly. The expected salary of a management accountant at bachelor`s level is $58,000 a year.
Editor field requires a degree in journalism, English or communications. An editor works with HTML blogs, articles, write books, edit already written material and perform other relevant tasks. The expected salary of an editor is $52,000 per annum.